« The Spirit »of the H-Cup
First of all, it is about an outing at sea that has the "characteristics" of a "challenge" and is organised by the HCup team led by Luc Coppens.
It involves rules, difficulties, but also is a lot of fun.
It is also a challenge for the pontoons themselves, with each pontoon trying to participate with as many boats as possible.
As a professional, amateur, beginner, family, member of KYCN, WSKLum, VYN or other club, everyone is welcome as a participant in the H-Cup.
Rules of the H-Cup
- You are "obliged" to show good humour, friendliness and courtesy at the start, whereby the crews sail under their own responsibility.
- At wind force 6 BF or more there will be no starting.
- At the end of the HCup season all participating boats and those with special merits will be rewarded. That evening additional prizes will be drawn among all attendees.
Follow Us on Facebook H-Cup Nieuwpoort
- KYCN Secretariat - on Saturdays from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- Start of the H-Cup at 14.30 pm at sea.
- Participation fee: 5 € - HCup flag: 10.00 €
Is it your first participation in the H-Cup, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further practical information.
Vul hier uw crewlist in voor de eerstvolgende H-Cup
The Summer Challenge runs from 15/07/21 to 29/08/21 (except 15/08/21) - every day of the week and you can participate as many times as you like.
We have prepared 1 course for you which remains the same throughout this period - the aim is to challenge yourself by improving your time each time you participate. You choose your start time, the direction of the course, etc... You note your start and finish times, as well as your time at each buoy crossing.
If you wish, you can send us your results after each participation to the email address email@example.com. We will put it in an excellent table and at the end of the challenge we will establish a ranking.
Of course, we count on your fair play.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- from 15/07/21 to 29/08/21 except 15/08/21
- you can participate as many times as you want
- this is not a regatta
- it is an individual activity
- no final ranking
- no entry fee
- no prize-giving
- to honour the DNA of our club: water activities
- a little fitness before the second part of the HCup season
- 1 fixed course
- In accordance with the Covid-19 barrier rules and the WWSV protocol
- No Challenge if the wind is 6 Beaufort or more
- Fixed course
- to challenge and motivate each other to improve results
- choice of sailing direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise)
- note your time at each marker
Strategy: an important element of this Challenge is tactics...
- the choice of your starting time
- the current
- the strength and direction of the wind
- the direction of the course